5.09.2013

Did I ever tell you about that one time I met an Olympian?

Have I ever mentioned to you about the one time that I got to meet an Olympian? Oh wait I haven't...because that's not something that comes up in normal everyday conversation.

Now let me tell you...I wasn't planning on meeting her...it just kind of happened.

I used to swim for a club team and so it was just a typical practice day...I was searching for my equipment- for those who don't know what that means...that's your fins, pull buey, paddles...- but I couldn't find mine...comes to my attention that someone had already brought them out on the deck and was using them. No big deal now I just have kill ask them to kindly hand them back over.

Long story short I got my equipment back pretty quickly because my coach had noticed it missing and helped me out with the thief. I didn't expect the thief to be Olympian Elaine Breeden.

I mean...what? Why is there an Olympian at our practice? I mean I'm not even that good?

Who cares...all I know is that she was one of the nicest people I had ever met and was so muscular and tall. No wonder she can swim that 200 fly like nobodies business. (It's not as easy as it looks)

There she is in the all black swim suit! Not something that happens everyday that's for sure?

 

Have you ever had an experience like this?

 

Xoxo,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing what you have to say so please leave a response :)