1.12.2015

take yourself on a date

First and foremost I am elated to say that I am going to do my best to try and keep up with this darn blog! I have forgotten how much relief I find when I am writing what is on my heart// mind. Sometimes I just get really discouraged that no one is reading// no one relates to what I am writing about. Hopefully that is not the case. I am really excited about the changes I made to the layout of the blog. I felt as if Some Blonde's Thoughts needed a change that keeps up with the changes that have happened// continue to happen everyday.

a lesson i've learned:

When you're in a relationship with someone for so long you kind of lose sight of what it was like to do things alone. Since in the last year I have had the opportunity of being single, I have gotten to do more of the things I love & make me happy. It has made me feel as if I am not ready to be in a relationship at all. At least for a while. I never realized how great// empowering it feels when you spend time by yourself. That's not something I want to let go of. I know that sounds super selfish and it totally is and I get that. I also understand that when you are in a relationship you can still go out to do things by yourself but you will always feel some sort of obligation to invite your boyfriend// girlfriend. I am NOT ready for that! 

So for here on out until I meet someone who completely blows me away I will be in a relationship with myself. For the first time in 18 years I am going to start putting myself on a high priority list. I don't see anything wrong with that. So if I want to stay in one night instead of going out with friends, I'm going to do that. If I want to aimlessly walk around Target for two hours, I'm going to do that. Binge watch a new Netflix series? Heck yeah! I'm going to do that, too! Doesn't it just sound like a total given? Why haven't I started this before? I highly recommend you taking yourself out on a date. Go to Panera and get yourself a mango smoothie or go to a movie! Nothing can feel more satisfying then doing something you want to do. 

Take it from Ann Perkins

1 comment:

I would love hearing what you have to say so please leave a response :)