8.07.2015

we love you, 2001 Toyota Sienna

The summer of 2014 my family of four traveled to Sandestin for the first time. We hadn't taken a family vacation just the four of us in over 10 years. I think the last time we did was to Cocoa Beach when Emma was 2 therefore making me around 7. I distinctly remember being at Disney World & Emma did NOT want to ride in the stroller. So here we are walking around with a toddler that was demanding to be held and a useless rented stroller. So what did 7 year old me do? I saw an opportunity and took it. If Emma wasn't going to take advantage of the stroller I sure as heck was. It was not the best day of our lives. Taking two kids under 10 on vacation is more like work and less relaxing, hence the reason that we hadn't been in so long.

This summer was a little different then last year. My maternal Grandparents decided that they wanted to join in on the fun. I love my grandparents, a lot. I am extremely blessed to have them and I wouldn't trade the time we've spent together for anything. It's not a bad thing when I say that having them with us changed the dynamic of the trip. It was very different for me (and everyone, I think). Last year the four of us just piled in the mini-van and hit the road. This year Mom & the Grandparents had the privilege of flying. However, my Dad, Emma & I were stuck driving. It really was not a big deal at all, I'm just being dramatic. The three of us did get to listen to all of the Serial Podcast.

if you haven't listened- you're missing out/ find it on iTunes

Father-daughter time takes on a whole new meaning when you spend 13 hours in a car together with 3 sets of golf clubs and 6 peoples' luggage. I mean there's nothing that the mini-van hasn't seen. We love you, 2001 Toyota Sienna. Thank you for the many of miles. We've had our ups and downs but we can't seem to rid ourselves of you.

Sandestin always welcomes me with a warm embrace, the best burritos and some awesome memories. This year I'm thankful for the fact that I got to have a lot of one-on-one time with the Lord. I spent more time reading scripture than I ever have in my life. I've learned there is no better way to grow in your relationship with someone then spending time with them & listening to what they have to say. This holds true with the most important relationship you can have, the one with God. That's why being in the Word is so great. I spent time reading 1 Peter & James.

I also picked up some other Christian-based books that I'll probably talk about at one point or another. One of them is You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth which my good friend Addison wrote about here. I encourage you to check it out.

Addison & me at a party


Thank you Lord for family. Thank you Lord for friends.

As always,
Alex

Here are a collection of some of my favorite captured moments.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing what you have to say so please leave a response :)